between history, art and heart Cortona dominates one of the most beautiful valleys in Tuscany, the Val di Chiana.
Cortona is located on a green hill, surrounded by its gray walls pietra serena, “the moonstone”.
The guided tour will allow you to relive its ancient past rich in History and Art.
The squares, like Piazza della Repubblica and Piazza Signorelli, are framed by period buildings
Medieval and Renaissance, with simple, austere and always elegant architecture.
Civil buildings such as the Palazzo del Comune with its clock tower and grand staircase, the
Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, the Church of San Francesco, places of great importance for
the presence of numerous works of art, Palazzo Casali historic home of the Casali Signoria, which has
dominated and protected the city throughout the fourteenth century, which became the seat of the
Pretori Fiorentini, and in the eighteenth century seat of the prestigious Etruscan Academy and the MAEC,
Etruscan and City Museum of Cortona.
There are many suggestive corners, which really bring you back in time, like the typical houses
Medieval and the many alleys that suddenly open towards breathtaking views panorama towards the valley and the Cortonese mountain.
Renaissance churches are also located outside the city walls, visible while climbing the
ridge of the hill to reach the city.
After the Cortona tour , you will visit a vineryfarm near by Cortona , guided tour of the vineyard, the cellar and the oil mill, with tasting of 3 wines to choose from: CHAGRE ‘, PIER ROSE’, MARIUS and CRANO pairing with Tuscan bread seasoned with our Extra Virgin Olive Oil POGGIOBARULLO and pecorino cheese.
– Piazza Garibaldi the “Balcony towards the Val di Chiana”
– The Corso, Via Nazionale, familiarly called Rugapiana, where there are various shops, between
including local craft shops, cafes, local food and wine shops and
tasty artisan ice cream parlors.
– Piazza della Repubblica where the Palazzo del Comune, Palazzo del Capitano who later became Renaissance residence, the small Loggia della Pescheria with its own square.
– Piazza Signorelli dedicated to the great Maestro Luca Signorelli born in Cortona, with the Palazzo Casali and the Signorelli Theater from the 19th century.
– Church of San Francesco, the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta with the nearby houses Medieval from the 13th century.
– Walk over a stretch of wall surrounded by sandstone houses and panorama towards the valley and the Cortonese mountain.